Saturday, June 19, 2010

I believe in the Tooth Fairy...

So many things have changed since January 13, 2010. It's crazy that even though I feel like my life has been on hold since the day that changed everything, everything around me has continued to go on. All the things that I thought couldn't happen without me have happened anyway. Who knew that the shop would survive if I wasn't the one they called when the credit card machine doesn't work, the cash register is jammed up, they're out of release forms or change, or just need toilet paper and paper towels? (Thanks Kate!) And who knew that Reed would be happy eating canned tuna 3 nights a week? Or that Madison and Willa would be up for a daily nap in my bed?
But most of all...who knew that The Tooth Fairy would come even if mommy wasn't there? That's right...The Tooth Fairy! Madison and Willa stayed with Reed's sister Kelly for two nights while I laid in my bed for 48 hours. I had a feeling this tooth was coming out so I sent the Tooth Fairy pillow to Aunt Kelly's with Madison. Last night it happened...in the pool...it just happened. So The Tooth Fairy came to Aunt Kelly's for Madison's first tooth and left her $5. Kelly happened to see the Tooth Fairy and asked her to please leave Madison's tooth so she could show her mommy.
So this morning, when I got my girls back, I got one baby Willa and one tremendously big, brave, toothless Madison!

No comments:

Post a Comment