Thursday, January 28, 2010

I've probably said this before...but every day I'm so amazed by the kindness of all of you. I never in all my life thought I would have this incredible circle of friends! My family has been there for 31 years, like it or not! And obviously they are awesome too!
I know how it feels to be on your end...sitting there wishing there was something I could do to help. I know you are all worried about my girls, and that is my biggest concern of all. So here's the plan so far...you know me...I like a plan!
Because I have to be in Greenville at 6:15 on Wednesday morning, the girls are going to stay with Banks and Lisa Tuesday night. They did that one time before and loved it and they can't wait to do it again! They love their Bubba Bewskibanewski and their LiLi. I feel sooo much better because they are looking forward to it. I feel like it's more of a treat for them than anything else.
Wednesday, Reed and my mom will go with me. I'll be coming home that afternoon (crazy) and my mom is going to "move in" for a little while. I'm not too sure about Reed's "care giving" skills with something like this so Cindy Loo Hoo is taking charge. Reed can handle the girls easily, but me...not so sure!
So...here's where you all come in. Elizabeth Robbins called today and said, "Michelle, you have to let people do something!" She has offered to coordinate meals, which would really be helpful. Even though Reed is not afraid of the kitchen and neither is my mom, Reed's going to have his hands full with the girls and my mom will have her hands full with me. Her number is 423-0614 and she's ready anytime.
Also...I've had a lot of people say that they wanted to call but didn't want to bother me. I hope you all know that it's no bother at all. It's encouraging and wonderful to see how big people's hearts are. So don't ever be afraid to call or stop by. I did have a bad week last week dealing with all of this but, now that they've upped my Lexapro:), I'm much better. As hard as it is to believe, I'm at peace with it all. I am so thrilled that the doctor is moving quickly and aggressively. I would worry if he wasn't. And I'm not saying that I'm not going to have some down times...it sucks...big time...but I can deal with it. There's no other option.
Once again thank you all for all the love and support! There's a special place in Heaven for all of you!

3 comments:

  1. Go get em, girl! I admire your attitude and your organization! I would worry more about you if you weren't so on it!!! I'm here to help with any and everything you need. Girls' night at your house when you are feeling up to it? We will come to you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Michelle! There's a group of us with Mommy & Me that wants to do meals, so we will coordinate with Elizabeth. It's a little intimidating to make a meal for you since you are such a good cook!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Michelle, You don't even know me... I stumbled upon your blog by "accident" looking for another Michelle Meredith! I'm so sorry you're having to go thru this trial. I saw in this post, however, you had friends and family wanting to coordinate meals for you and thought I'd mention this site if you or your friends hadn't heard of it before: www.takethemameal.com - I work at a church and we use this ALL the time. It's absolutely fabulous. I hope it helps. Best wishes and God bless you in your journey.
    Kim

    ReplyDelete