Saturday, January 23, 2010

OK...this whole blog thing is new to me...so please be patient as I figure it all out.
I've started this to keep everyone out there posted on my journey with breast cancer. I'm sure most of you know that I was diagnosed on January 13th with breast cancer. Everyone has been so incredibly supportive, kind, compassionate and helpful over the last couple of weeks. My dad said it best. His words were, "If I ever have to get sick I want it to be in Dare County." I had no idea that so many people cared about me. It is so overwhelming!!! I'm not really an emotional person, but that has really made me one. So...for those of you at preschool Thursday that had to witness my breakdowns...sorry. Everyone has just been so nice and it just hit me. I know that's not going to be the last of my "moments" so hold on everybody!
So here's my first update. I had the MRI done on Tuesday and was scheduled to go back next Tuesday for the results. Instead, I got a phone call late yesterday afternoon. The MRI showed another spot that they want to biopsy. So...I'll be heading to Greenville for an ultrasound guided needle biopsy and then back on Tuesday afternoon for the results. Then I'll know when I'll be having the next surgery to check my lymph nodes and have more tissue from the original spot removed.
Thanks again to everyone for everything you have done, all your kind words, your wisdom and your prayers.

4 comments:

  1. Whitney T. WaddingtonJanuary 23, 2010 at 1:19 PM

    I just want you to know that you're in my family's hearts, thoughts, and prayers and have been since we heard about your cancer. I'm so glad you're feeling all the support and love around you...you're a beautiful person and so positive all the times I've been in your presence and I know this will be so beneficial with your recovery. I love what your dad said...so true! I'm glad to call Dare County home now as well. The community outreach in all areas is amazing to me. Let those tears flow girl...emotions are a NATURAL part of living. The strong weep. Jesus wept...it's a human response and a divine response! Keep your head high and proud and lean on all of those around you for a shoulder, for ears, and for anything you may need. If you need me to ever bring Willa too and from Kindermusik...let me know! Love to you!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Michelle, as I sit here and cry over the thought of an awesome mother of two having cancer, I realize you are so brave! No matter the tears, you are a fighter! You will get through this!! You are a strong, wonderful woman and we are all here for you. Please lean on me if you need anything at all. -Michelle pruitt

    ReplyDelete
  3. Michelle - Leslie shared your bad news with us last week and I've wanted to write or call to tell you we think of you every day and prayers and good thoughts for you come from Northern Virginia from the Ericksons. You are very dear to us. You sound so "together" and that will serve you well. Courage, girl....Many support you and will be with you through this battle.
    Lynn Erickson

    ReplyDelete
  4. I just don't even know what to say but that I think about you all day long. I know it's not easy but thank you for sharing your journey, so that you get to see how many people adore you. You are seriously the strongest, calmest, most positive person I know. I have always admired those qualities about you and now that admiration has multiplied!!! TONS OF LOVE from Leslie, Bruce and Heidi. You are so special, Michelle. Love you!!!!!

    ReplyDelete