Monday, February 22, 2010

End of chapter one!!!

OK ya'll...Drain is OUT!!! I called this morning and asked Mrs. Dot if she would take it out if I drove to Greenville today. She said no...I shed a tear. So..........then I called my girl Kim, and begged her and she said yes! So Reed and I jumped in the car, with both girls, and now I don't have to go back to the boobie doctor until July. One down!
Next is the chemo doctor on Thursday, genetic testing at UNC and eventually the plastic surgeon. Still a long way to go, but I feel like I've conquered the world! I really, REALLY feel like the hardest part is over. So thanks to all my unbelievable friends and family I've gotten through the first and scariest part. Now that I can use my right arm again I can get busy on all my thank yous!

7 comments:

  1. So glad to hear that the drain is finally out! I hope things are getting somewhat back to normal now. We're still praying for you - especially about chemo, etc. Bob said he's had several dreams about you lately - I guess because he's been worried about his favorite niece! Love you! Sandy

    ReplyDelete
  2. does this mean that you have the go ahead to dance on tables now? :-) so excited for you. . . enjoy your nice loooooong hot shower and we're with you for the rest of the journey!! anna barrett

    ReplyDelete
  3. That must be such a relief! Hope you'll still rest a little though!!! Thinking of you every day! Ivy

    ReplyDelete
  4. And just when you were finally ready to embrace your couch time! You should still spend this one last week doing nothing! I love reading your blog. You have a great attitude and I know that has helped with the healing! Congrats!

    ReplyDelete
  5. So glad to hear your good news. I'll keep you in my thoughts and prayers.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yahoo!! Keep rock n rolling sister! Thinking of you and your family every day! Love - The Bossolas

    ReplyDelete