Thursday, February 25, 2010

Chapter 2: Chemo

Today I went to Greenville for my first meeting with the medical oncologist. I do have to have chemo...and it starts next Thursday. It will be every three weeks for a total of 6 treatments. It's not the hardest round of chemo but it won't be a walk in the park either. I was prepared to hear that so I'm not really freaking out. Reed thinks this is silly, but the hardest part is going to be the needles. I don't like needles! I'm not so concerned about the chemicals running through my veins...it's how they are going to get there that's freaking me out!
So new boobs are put on hold until probably the end of the summer. Should be finished with chemo by July so I'll probably wait until the season's over before dealing with that.
I'm having some more tests done on Wednesday just to make sure nothing else looks off...a CT scan, brain MRI and Bone scan. They don't expect to find anything, it's just routine.
In a couple of weeks I may be bald like Banks and who knows...maybe my hair will grow back blond and curly. Then maybe people will believe me when I tell them Willa's my kid!

8 comments:

  1. Have you picked a plactic surgeon??? Dr craig Merriel is amazing!!!!!!!!!! I cannot say enough about him! Oh and his work with operation smile and Harrison Ford ony adds to the fun of having him as a Dr I could not imagine have any other Dr take care of me in the world I love him to pieces!! As my journey comes to an end with cancer I am sad to say I will be missing Dr Merriel and his awesome staff!!!!! Oh how I love that man! Glad to hear you are feeling better and your journey is going along with nothing to unexpected popping up! love ya Jaton

    ReplyDelete
  2. Will you be going to Greenville for chemo? I'm assuming that a port will be put in for the drugs. If you want to talk to my sister in law, give me or Cara a call. She's been through all of it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. i think you'd look awesome as a blonde :-) so proud of you for your grace and sense of humor throughout. you continue to inspire!!!! anna barrett

    ReplyDelete
  4. I agree with Anna Barrett! And you would look beautiful any old way-

    ReplyDelete
  5. You are remarkable!! And, I agree...you would look stunning with blonde hair!! Just think, New Boobs and Blonde Hair-- Look Out!!! =D
    Cheryl

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Michelle, I'm Kathy's sister-in-law and Cara's aunt. I've sent Kathy a list of some things to get for you for during your chemo. Please feel free to call me whenever. My hair grew back curly and grey but I colored it and the curls went away. Wish I'd stuck with the grey. Loved the curls.
    Ellen

    ReplyDelete
  7. Andy had a friend who went through chemo. He was super blonde and straight before and when it all grew back....RED!!!! And CURLY!!! I think you're gonna be HOT whatever happens! Hugs and love to you from us!

    Dallas, Andy and Kiran

    ReplyDelete
  8. Michelle - SO glad to see you and hug you at the birthday party. Thank you for coming. You have a future career as a writer, i think. Your posts are heartwarming and informative, but humorous, courageous, and engaging. I've always admired you and your whole attitude toward life with Waterworks, Reed and family, but now I have even more respect. And if your hair DOES come back blonde, I want to tell you as a blonde who is now gray....WE DO HAVE MORE FUN!
    -Lynn

    ReplyDelete