Friday, February 12, 2010

So I'm sure you all would like some good news about now. It seems like every time I went to the doctor I got bad news. Well the bad luck streak has been broken! Yesterday I went for my first follow up. Even though they were 95% sure my lymph nodes were fine...now they are 100% sure. Also, I've been very nervous for some reason about what stage it is. You know me, I'll all about the numbers. It's stage 1...that's right...stage ONE!!! Radiation is out, he said he didn't see any need for it since it wasn't in my lymph nodes and with the mastectomy he feels confident that the cancer is gone. Since I started seeing him he was always pretty definite about chemo. Now he's not so sure that I'll have to, he said probably but not definite. I'm meeting with the oncologist Feb 25th to see what she thinks. And I'm sure you all know about these drains I have. The less I do...the quicker they come out. Well, the left one is out, but the right one has to stay at least another week. So if you see me wearing a sling don't be alarmed...I'm just trying not to use my right arm. Honestly, I probably shouldn't be typing so I'll finish up real quick before Reed comes down and yells at me.
Lots of good news yesterday...your prayers are working! Don't stop now!

8 comments:

  1. PTL! So glad to hear the great news! I'm sure all of the prayers had a lot to do with it. Be good & mind your Mama & Reed!! I'll let Nana know your good news & we'll figure out when we can make it down there to see you. Love you!!!
    Sandy

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is great news!!!!!! Now rest that arm and keep up the PMA(positive mental attitude) and prayers:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome! Thanks for the update, even if it was too much action for that right arm! Now go rest it. See you Sunday!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wonderful news Michelle! The prayers are still coming your way.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fantastic and when it comes to cancer it's all about the numbers and the stage!!!! Praising God for Stage 1!!!! Hunter's was Stage 2....we know how grateful you are!!!!! We love you and will continue to pray for you!
    Holly

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yahoo! Praise the Lord! God is good and does awesome thing! Kiran and I are sending high-fives and hugs your way! Woooohooo!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. yipeeeee!!!! anna barrett

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow that is really good news! I just let out a big sigh of relief. We love you!!! - Scott

    ReplyDelete