Friday, February 19, 2010

Just wanted to say thanks to all of my amazing friends! Everyone has been so wonderful and supportive. Ya'll have made it so easy and I'm so thankful for all of you!
So I went to the doctor yesterday with big dreams of getting this drain out. No such luck:( So one more week with it and then no matter what it comes out on the 25th. I know I've made such a big deal about this drain and I'm going to look back and feel really silly because it's not that big of a deal. It's not painful. It doesn't really bother me. And most importantly, it's just one more week. I can do anything for a week! It just means one more week of couch time. I've decided that I'm going to welcome my time with the couch because it's really kind of a luxury! Not so long ago I would have done just about anything for a day of nothing. Now I get 21 days of nothing! So I'm just going to read, watch tv, watch the girls play and have some quality time with the dogs and then it will all be over and I'll wonder what the fuss was all about.
I've had a lot of people ask me about the girls. They are doing great! They're enjoying GranGran being here all the time and they're getting some good quality time with Reed. They think the whole thing is kind of funny. Madison and Willa want to go to KMart to get mommy some new boobies. Since KMart might not have them they're thinking they should check out WalMart and Target. Willa comes up to me all day long and says, "Mommy, you have no boobies?" She always wants to know if my booboos are better yet. And Madison thinks it's a good thing that Mommy has no boobies because now I can "really feel the love" since my heart is much closer now. So they are fine! They're so sweet and hilarious...they'll be just fine. I spent so much energy worrying about how this was going to affect them and even though it's impossible as a mom not to, if I had known how easily they were going to deal with it I wouldn't have worried quite so much. Well...probably not...but I would have tried harder not to worry so much about them.
Everything is going really well. It seemed like everything happened so fast and every time I went to the doctor it was the worst case scenario until surgery...and then everything just turned around. Now things are great and I know it's not over yet but I feel like the hard part is over. For me the hardest part was not knowing all the info. Now all the diagnostic stuff is done and I'm thrilled with the way things are working out! So keep up the prayers and positive thoughts...it's working! God's listening to ya'll!!!!

1 comment:

  1. Hey thanks for the update. Those girls are too cute!! Tell them uncles scott and mike say hi. love you xo

    ReplyDelete