Tuesday, May 4, 2010

The other side of the mountain

Well, now that I half way done I'm heading down the easy side of the mountain. I'm looking forward to finishing up and getting back to normal! If I can make it through this dance recital and the end of the school year while still getting chemo I can do anything! Hopefully we'll be so busy that these last three treatments will fly by.
I've felt really good lately and I've gotten a small dose of normal, just enough to know how much I miss it. Thursday and today I went to preschool to hang out with "my kids" in PMO. Kids are so funny! Today we spent some time looking for Ms Michelle's hair. I lost it somewhere and those sweet kids helped me look for it! Then I took Madison and Eliza to their last dance class before the recital. Then to Wendy's for a frosty!
Last week I had a great time with all the preschool teachers at Black Pelican for a Relay for Life dinner. Then supper club on Saturday at the Clarks'. I also got a lot of work done around the house...mostly in my garden and my office. I have some things planted now and I'm going to try to plant some more tomorrow. And for those of you that have seen my office, you know that I could spend days in here working and maybe put a dent in it. A very sweet friend of my (...Kay...) peeked into my office one day and asked me if I was hoarding! Looks much better now!!!
My mom got her genetic test results back and just as we expected she also has the mutated BRC1 gene. She is scheduled to have a hysterectomy on May 18th. She has some growth in her uterus that the said they "can't rule out as being cancer" so every thing's coming out. My poor mom, Cindy the Saint, is actually looking forward to the surgery so she can have a break! She's been staying in Virginia for the last 2-3 weeks with my Paw Paw. He's been in the hospital and she doesn't want him to be there alone. I'm telling you...she's a SAINT!
So on Thursday we head to Greenville for treatment #4. This time Reed is taking me. Even though he's seen the chemo room he hasn't seen it with me as the patient. I'm sure he'll be fine but it won't be pleasant for him. I'm also hoping to get lots of questions answered by Dr. White. The more time I have to think about things the more questions I have.
I feel like I don't say this enough so I'll say it again. Thanks to all of you that have been so good to me and my family through all of this. I am sure that that is the reason it has been so easy for me. Ya'll have been wonderful!

1 comment: